I am trained in all the main models of counselling, namely * CBT; *Integrative; *Existential; *Psychodynamic; *Systemic as well as *EMDR. However, the main emphasis and focus of my approach is CBT, particulary Third Wave CBT.
I am accredited by the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
My aim is to stimulate, challenge and motivate people to change and support them as they do so. For me, good therapy is about freeing people's minds in a way that allows them to build new beliefs and thereby increase their capabilities, performance and sense of emotional wellbeing. I create tailor-made therapeutic interventions that people can learn from. It can be challenging - I tell it how it is when necessary so that you can hear what you need to hear rather than what you might want to hear. It is also supportive and exciting. Together we do whatever it takes to enable you to achieve your outcomes and goals. Therapy, in my view, is an engineered experience that enhances being-in-the-world. I would not be doing this job if I did not believe this to be the case, and I have been doing it for over ten years.
My primary practice has been at Breathe-London since 2013, where I head the Mind Therapies Division at our two clinics in Waterloo and Covent Garden. I am also a part-time counsellor at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA). Prior to that, I worked in the Psychotherapy Department at London’s St Thomas’s Hospital. The United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) requires all its registrants to engage in continuing professional development in order to meet the high standards of yearly re-accreditation: Therefore, as with all my colleagues, in parallel to my practice, I am simultaneously engaged in ongoing studies or research which really keeps me on the ball with all the latest developments and techniques in the field of psychotherapy.
I am also a registered provider of Psychotherapy for BUPA. If you have any questions or queries about Counselling, CBT or Psychotherapy or if you would like to make an appointment, please be in touch with me directly.
- Psychotherapy Lead, The Breathe Mind Therapies Service, London (South Bank and Covent Garden). Since 2013
- Counsellor, RADA (Royal Academy of Dramatic Art) Counselling and Wellbeing Service, London. Since 2015
- IOR Centre, Richmond-upon-Thames 2012-2013
- Psychotherapy Department, St Thomas' Hospital - South London & Maudsley NHS Trust, London 2008-2011
- The Richmond Green Psychotherapy Practice, Richmond, Surrey 2006-2008
Training, qualifications & awards
- BPS (British Psychological Society) Approved Certificate in Third Wave CBT 2016 (SDS)
- Single Session Integrated CBT 2015 (Professor Windy Dryden and SDS)
- Log of Awards by Skills Module as part of the BPS Approved Master Practitioner Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (SDS)
- Substance Misuse (2015)
- Socratic Questioning (2015)
- Substance Misuse (2015)
- Eating Disorders (2014)
- Mindfulness (2014)
- PTSD (2014)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (2014)
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (2014)
- Depression (2014)
- CBT Case Formulation (2014)
- CBT Foundation Course (2014)
- EMDR Europe Approved Certificate in Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) 2010
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) Registered Psychotherapist since 2008
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Member (MBACP) Counsellor and Psychotherapist since 2008
- AdvDipExPsych Accredited Training Counselling and Psychotherapy - School of Psychotherapy and Counselling Psychology Regent's College (SPCPRC) London 2008
- DipCounsPsych UKCP Accredited Training Counselling and Psychotherapy - School of Psychotherapy and Counselling Psychology Regent's College (SPCPRC) London Validated by City University London (UK) 2006